There has never been greater pressure on hospitals to implement electronic health records, yet there is a simple reason why CPOE adoption has been in the single digits for years and electronic physician documentation even lower: going electronic is challenging. Instituting the level of process change that is required in critical clinical workflows is time-consuming, resource-intensive, and expensive. And at the end of the project, there is no guarantee that the new system will be fully adopted by physicians whose priority is taking care of patients. Shareable Ink clinical documentation solutions provide an easy way to go electronic in the toughest-to-automate areas of the hospital.
The ease of input, the value of output
Any paper form used in the hospital setting - whether filled out by physician, nurse, or patient – can be turned into electronic data while the person filling out the form experiences no change. Using Shareable Ink natural input tools, such as digital pen, iPad, and online portal, familiar forms are completed as normal and even pre-populated at the time of printing with important patient demographic and clinical information. Once complete, the Shareable Ink cloud platform immediately processes, structures, analyzes, and shares the data. The results of this unchanged workflow are powerful:
- Capture better data at the point of care in hard-to-automate areas
- Uncover new insights into operational, efficiency, quality and cost metrics
- Improve JCAHO core measure results through alerting of missing documentation – before the physician has finished the encounter and without manual chart review
- Instant electronic input into the hospital EHR, making the record accessible by anyone, anywhere before the patient is discharged
- Complement your existing IT systems and strategies
Whether your hospital is just starting to go paperless or is so highly automated that when paper does still persist, it is awkward to fit into the workflow, Shareable Ink has a solution. Solutions that turn any paper documentation into electronic data – instantly and automatically.